Friday, May 21, 2010

lake powell... nice friends and me

Years ago Eva took dance at a little studio near our house.  She danced with a few adorable girls and while they danced, us moms chatted.  The studio closed but we kept in touch.  Sometimes we have playdates so the little girls can play.  Sometimes we go to a late show so the big girls can play.  

These nice, cute moms happen to be generous, too.  And that is why we got to take the trip in the first place.
I have never claimed to be "with it" so it may be silly to say that I am totally out of it.  I had no idea that people surfed behind boats these days.  It was awesome.  
"Beach Barbie" surfing behind their boat.  It was so fun to watch.  
I knew about wake boarding.  But obviously not as much as these guys.
Michelle braving the cold water.  I think screaming made the water warmer.
Michelle's photogenic family.
(Michelle, I will get these to you as soon as I stop being lazy).
This crack was one of the best parts.  We climbed up into this long space.   We ended up in this huge crack.  The walls went up so far.  I'm not doing it justice.  I'll just say it was awesome.
This is my first time at Texas Hold 'em.  Karl and I were the last two in.  I always have beginners luck.  Then, as soon as I learn the rules and start thinking, I totally lose.  Just the way it goes.
The last day I finally braved the water.  Surfing is a lot more gentle than wake boarding (and a billion times more gentle than Flowrider!).  The falls are easy (as I demonstrated many times) and that is why I dared do it in my expecting state.  Don't judge, I promise I was really careful. 

I wish I would have taken more photos of the everyday stuff.  Like the wrestling matches or dinners or the girls playing or the kids all lined up in their sleeping bags.  Because those were some of the most memorable.  But since my memory seems to be going, I wish I had the photos to ensure those memories last.  

Lake Powell, recorded.  
(unless I end up recording the thimble story, the one that makes me chuckle every time I think about it).

5 comments:

Malea said...

I've never been to Powell. I am so glad you had a great crack climbing experience. And if the thimble story makes me chuckle more than the thought of you guys talking about climbing the crack, then I must hear it....

Adri said...

You better be being careful lady! Looks like a lot of fun though! I am way jealous!

Angela said...

I've never been to Lake Powell. It looks like so much fun. Looks like your kiddos had a blast too. They are adorable. Hope to see you soon. Maybe at Melissa's wedding. :)

Elisa Marquez said...

I'm glad you're still having fun! The pictures are beautiful. I miss Utah! Hugs to you and the family.

Sheralie said...

Love Lake Powell. And no worries, I have water-skied there while pregnant myself, and Jeffrey turned out fine :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails