Tuesday, March 9, 2010

eva, the ancient egyptian princess

Eva had been studying Ancient Egypt in school.  It was fun to hear the different facts that she remembered.  Each student was to do a project of their choice and present it.  Eva told me, "Oh, Mom, I can't make a pyramid because 20 kids are making pyramids."  We brainstormed a few different things and when I asked her if she wanted to dress up like an Egyptian princess, of course, she jumped at the idea.  
I got a bed skirt from thrift store (chose one that I liked the fabric of the skirty part) and just ripped out the white part.  I serged the edges and pinned and tied it onto Eva.
She made the collar and head band by glueing felt.
My friend had the gold trim to look like jewelry and it was perfect.  And perfectly Eva.

2 comments:

Abbigail said...

Wonderful. She has been very enthusiastic about these studies. When I was visiting she told me all about ancient Egypt and what she was learning. I was so impressed with her excitement and memory.

Kathryn said...

It is rare to see a student go all out for a report. I bet she got an "A". What a beautiful princess. Wish I could have been there to see it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails