Wednesday, April 27, 2011

so samuel: showing our Hawaiian life

During lunch today (he stayed home from school
with a cough. Unfortunately, kids get sick in paradise) I got a chance to catch up with Samuel.
Me: What are you going to be when you grow up?
S: Good
Me: What are you going to do for your job?
S: Sweep the floor
Me: How are you going to make money?
S: I am going to do chores for people


It looks like a lesson on careers is in order. He used to say that he was going to be a red Power Ranger. I wonder what happened to that?


Here is a little slice of our Hawaiian life through photos of Samuel:


We go to garage sales a lot. Moving sales are the best. Most of what we have is from people leaving the island. It has been a great way to pick up essentials and some not so essentials. This is Samuel with his new cell phone (minus the SIM card). My favorite part? The case attached to his basketball shorts.
Japanese class. Once a week, and maybe a tiny not geared towards little kids. This where I saw that Samuel must have over 200 ways to sit in a chair. He did about 75 of them during this class. And I counted to 10 about that same amount trying not to interfere.
We go to the pool a lot. It is a beautiful pool, with amazing views and hardly anyone uses it. The kids like to take a ton of stuff (and then want whatever someone else has) when we go. This was the snorkel gear (or snorkelers as Samuel calls them) phase. (We feed him, I swear. But at the potluck lunch yesterday, he took some carrots, celery, cucumbers, and crackers. He went back for more celery. He also had a piece of cake. He didn't finish the cake.)
He has two speeds, a million miles an hour, or asleep. This is on the way to the beach after an already full day.
Since we have moved here, the kids have made the switch from tub to shower. Seems like a milestone. I asked him to hang the towels up. This is what I got.


BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

The sleeping picture is my favorite, I've been loving all your posts from Hawaii. And your baby gear post saved me...I had the most uncomfortable nursing bra ever, but didn't want to spend a lot on a new, department store one. I went and bought the Target one literally right after I read your blog. Sorry if that's TMI, but I thought you should know how much your post helped. :)

Melissa and Lance Atkins said...

This post made me laugh out loud. I liked the way Samuel was sitting on the chair.

Emily said...

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I Love that kid. The picture of Japanese class says it all.

Kathryn said...

The best BLOG every! I love every post. This has got to be one of my favorites. Sam is a character. The teacher in me got a kick out of Samuel sitting in class. Gordon and I both got a good laugh out of the towels he hung up. PRETTY FUNNY!!!

Abbigail said...

he is so freaking adorable and hilarious! I wish he could pass some of his eating habits to his cousin in Indiana. :) I envy the garage sales.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails