Wednesday, March 23, 2011

another idea: outfit sorter

 One of the things I like to do is pick out the kids' outfits.  A chore for some, but it's fun for me.  I know that the day will come all too soon when they will want to do it themselves.  For now, I will enjoy it. 

The thing is, mornings aren't my thing.  And laundry isn't my thing.   These are not fun for me and these things I consider a chore.  I used to put the kids' outfit on hangers and then use day dividers on the bar that held the clothes but I wanted a change, and I didn't bring all the day dividers.  I brought some, but not all.  Annoying, huh?  I needed a new solution.  I had heard of using a shoe divider.  The challenge.  Finding a shoe divider on the island.  We have been going to a lot of garage sales.  The thing about garage sales is sometimes you take what you can get, like the rainbow shelving.  I don't like the way it looks, but it it doing a good job holding clothes and it was free.  So the shoe holder wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but turns out it is working perfectly.  

And so I share. 
I took my 50 cent shoe divider, washed it, inserted two sturdier hangers, labeled the days (I come to paradise and one of my first garage sale purchases is a label maker.  That's right, in my paradise, everything is labeled), and hung it up.  Each day holds two outfits perfectly.  I roll them up and it helps with wrinkles (my paradise does not include lots of ironing).  There are 8 pockets and so there enough pockets for each day of the week and then an "any day" pocket, which happens to be the most useful pocket yet.  Seems like we always need an extra outfit.   

I used a lot of words, didn't I.  I guess could have just said, "Use a shoe holder to organize a week's worth of outfits for the kids.  It works great."  But that wouldn't be me, I guess.

2 comments:

pamela said...

amazingly brilliant!!

Adri said...

Love it! I may get a shoe divider and actually use it for shoes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails