Sunday, March 1, 2009

Valentines. Our style.

Look what Eva came up with (I did the ribbon, she did the butterfly). I love her. I knew getting Samuel to write his name on all the cards would be a feat in itself. So we went with store bought Power Ranger cards.
Samuel started getting obsessed with cutting out hearts. He went through our valentine-y paper, the scraps, more paper from his room, and finally, the newspaper from the the recycling pile. The bigger the better with this kid. The had to move to the floor for these valentines (note: valentines=hearts in these kids' minds) because they covered the counter.

Who needs Halloween? Look at all of this. Back in my day, it was a few conversation heart in those flimsy envelopes. Times sure have changed.
At home, we celebrated with, you guessed it, food. We did fondue. I don't know how to do anything small. We had artichokes (Eva loves them), roasted veggies (cauliflower, potatoes, mushrooms, squash, broccoli, potatoes...), chicken, apples, and of course, bread. Karl like the traditional Swiss cheese fondue and I like creamy Parmesan. So we make two.
For dessert, we had Karl's (he didn't invent it but it is a standard in his family) hot fudge with nuts, marshmallow, pretzels, pineapple, strawberries, mandarin oranges, and of course, bananas.
Yes, the Melting Pot is expensive for a reason. This was a huge production. I get kind of tired just looking at these pictures. But it was fun. Totally tasty.
(Note: Samuel is still not ready for the long handled sharp fork.)

In honor of the recession, we kept the budget low this year. Look what I found for Karl (he is a plant lover). I'm so nice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails