Friday, July 11, 2008

A monumental moment

Two summers ago I had visions of us spending the summer at the Rec Center pool, splashing, getting tan, having a great time. I convinced Karl (though he was never really quite convinced) that a year membership was a great investment and got one to start my summer dreams... After several attempts it turned out that a trip to the pool with a 3 year old and a 1 year old was in fact not much more than two hours of straight panic. The experience kept me, to Karl's relief, from renewing my membership last summer and from the pool all together.
This year we tried it again and it was so much different. Amazing what two years can do. The first half hour the kids had gone down this slide at least 20 times (much to the dismay to the kids that actually knew how to wait in line). I am so so so grateful. Hooray that my kids like to play together! Hooray for being able to be at the pool and not worry (as much) that Samuel is going to either take off or drown any second!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hooray for you! We went to the pool without Elle the other day and stayed until 6 because I didn't want to leave- it is a whole new world without a toddler!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails