Friday, July 11, 2008

4th of July Barbecue


Steaks, marinated pork loin, pork surprise pockets, corn on the cob, pear salad, cole slaw, illegal Black Forest Cake (ha, ha Paula), ice cream, watermelon... ahhh the memories. Of course there are also the fireworks. Paula bought those snake things that just seem to "poop" when you light them. How would it be to come from Brazil, unknowingly buy them, light them, and that is all that happens? All was fine until Karl and Marcus aimed two of those little tank fireworks at eachother and Paula line up a few little fireworks to get ready for the next round. They lit the tanks and it was total chaos. Stuff was shooting everywhere and the tanks were lighting the other fireworks. Samuel got shot in the leg and wouldn't come out of the house after that because he was afraid his other leg would get shot. Um, anyone want to sign up for our firework safety class?

6 comments:

Courtney said...

The fireworks thing always has me mystified. Why do we teach our children to light explosives (and sometimes hold them in their hands) and call it fun? We happened to do some illegal bottle rockets. It was all fun and games until one backfired and came close to Cam. No harm so the dads kept on going. Lovely.

Courtney said...

Because I can't comment on the side about comments- I checked today only to find several new posts after not seeing new ones for a while- I hope you feel the love- I tried to leave some comments. I always love your posts.

Heath'e' said...

First of all, YUM I'm now very hungry! Second SCARY!! I don't blame Samuel, I'd stay inside too. Kaiya hates the loud noises of the fireworks so she watches from the safety of the car!

Sean said...

Christina: Thanks for documeting your cute kids' lives for those of us who don't get to see them too often. It's fun to see Samuel doing other silly things besides smearing Chocolate all over his face at Christmastime. Sooooo cute! Keep posting!

Dianne

Kris Tina said...

Oh I'll comment and then I won't stop. I mean if that's what you are going for . . . and yes, those snakes really do look like they just poop and then die. A sad life - a sad life indeed.

Michelle said...

I think I might be a Superhero that pops in and out of your blog :-) Even when I don't comment I still think your kids are cute (not quirky) and didn't realize you were the only SAHM on the block... so call me when you are bored! Love your blog.... keep it comin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails