Monday, May 12, 2008

A Quiet Dinner


These first two photos are just to prove that Eva and Samuel were actually at the restaurant. One day I will post about how much I love it that they eat
all my crazy food but this post is about what happened AFTER they ate.
One minute they were chowing and yelling, "I want more noodles" like the best of them. The next minute we notice that it is kind of quiet. Samuel has curled up on his tiny chair and is completely asleep. All his days of pretending to be a cat paid off. He was sleeping just like one.

Not long after Samuel fell asleep, Eva joined him in dream land. It was so quiet!

Update: I just out of Samuel's room. I had to comfort him. He is a horrible sleeper and usually wakes up several times a night. He slept so soundly at Orchid I am wondering if instead of a bath, a story and a bed we should change to a big ol' plate of oversweet pad thai and a tiny chair every night. It would really open up a lot of space in his room.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so funny. My favorite is Samuel's sleeping position. Seriously, after seeing the pic of him stacking those chairs to get to the top of the fridge and now this.. he is the balancing master!

Adri said...

That sounds like a nice dinner. The food looks yummy. Your kids are so cute.

Nikki said...

How on earth did you get your kids to do that? Awesome!

Courtney said...

How do I get some of that food? It seems like magic. Samuel reminds me of Ross on T's bench. Do you guys have space issues at your house too?

Kami said...

you could use that picture as a card and put so many different captions on it...it is amazing to me that samuel would fall asleep like that...in fact, i am thinking, "have I EVER seen Samuel asleep?" JK. Cute post.

Cydnee said...

Looks like someone mixed a bit of valium in the sauce. Mmmmmm.

Kathryn said...

Why doesn't this surprise me. They can sleep anywhere. I think they got it from me! I want to share a cute story about Samuel. I tended him last Friday. We were eating, and I gave him a cute kid Mickey Mouse spoon and a small youth fork. He stopped and looked at them for a few minutes and than asked, "Grandma, do these match?" I told him I didn't have a small children's fork and spoon that matched. He then told me he wanted a matching spoon and fork. I gave him an adult set. That satisifed him! Go figure! Love, Grandma Kathryn

Jamie said...

That restaurant must put some kind of sleeping drug in their food. I don't think my kids would ever fall asleep in public!

Heath'e' said...

That is hilarious! I couldn't even imagine my kids sleeping at a restaurant.

Anonymous said...

I know this all too well! I actually love it when they zonk out like that. It sucks because when they wake up they are sometime hungry, but oh the joy of being able to eat my meal without a trip to the restroom or picking stuff up off the floor. The best part, you didn't even have to get a sitter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails