Monday, April 7, 2008

At a time when many parents would panic...

...we grab the camera.Being sick (yep, I joined my little sickies. I went in to the doctor, my doctor so no punches on my punch pass, two weeks ago and she tested me for strep. She never called and so I thought I was free. I went in last Friday and it turns out I have had it those whole lame time!) and having a three year old don't work together at all. So, I am napping (I love naps, but not when I am doing it so I don't feel like death. What a waste.) and Karl says, "Chris! Come look at this!" I mumble a, "No, I can't" and hear Karl say quite casually, "Are you trying to get something, Samuel?" Karl took this picture so I could witness it from my nap location. This is the first year that I have been sick like this. I kind of thought I had a free pass (I am really into passes) since I am a mom. How do other parents do it?
Last year I bought Samuel a t-shirt that says, "I DO MY OWN STUNTS." He has outgrown the shirt but apparently not the stunts. (He jumped off the back of my chair 5 times while I wrote the last sentence. I counted. "I am just trying to jump and make me so up high," he says. 6 times, 7 times, 8 times...)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh !!This picture is the BEST ever !!!Only Samuel would come up with something like this heheheh.And I thought that Isabella was pretty crazy climbing everything .They should become rock climbers one day ,uh ?

The Riches Family said...

POOKIE!!!! Hi! Your kids are getting so big!! I love the blog! I haven't talked to you forever! Hope all is well! Call me sometime. Love ya, little sister :) -Kimi
p.s. What's your email? Mine is kimberly.riches@gmail.com

Courtney said...

I am impressed. Samuel is a balancing act. You are amazing- sick and blogging no less. I am so amazed- I went away for a week and come back and you have a whole thing up and seriously running. You (as always) inspire me.

Nikki said...

That is so funny. Ammon is 3 too and he pulls stunts like that all the time. Often times I find him on the counter getting into the chocolate chips.

Adri said...

That picture is so funny. I'm sorry to hear that you are so sick. We did the strep thing earlier this year. I felt so bad my kids played all day while I slept on and off, but I had to sleep to escape the pain. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Jamie said...

I loved all of your blogs, but this one made me laugh the hardest. Boys are so much fun, aren't they? I am sorry you are sick. The last time I had strep I was 7 mo. pregers w/ Emi and when I went to get my meds Josh Haslam filled my prescription! Needless to say he didn't recognize me right away.

Emily said...

That. Is. Awesome.
(although, I'm glad my boys aren't looking over my shoulder right now - they don't need any more ideas)

I looooooove your writing -

Anonymous said...

That would have freaked me out. Is this what I have to look forward to. Carson is already a wild child. He keeps me moving but seriously is that two chairs stacked. I can't believe it. Credit should probably be given to creativity. That was pretty resourceful.

Abbigail said...

love it, samuel is a monkey. we got to get our tykes together... maybe I should start on walking again first!

Michelle said...

That's so funny. We just went to Cirque Du Solei (I know I spelled that wrong) and there was a tiny Asian man who stacked a bunch of chairs and balanced on them. Samuel's future career maybe?

Kari said...

I am so glad that Lukas isn't a climber. I am surprised you don't have more broken bones in you house!! He must have amazing balance, does he do yoga? ;) Cute blog!

Amy said...

Samuel is clearly a genius.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails