Tuesday, December 2, 2014

remember always

This kid.  I look at his face, listen to the things he says, watch the way he moves and so many times I have a hard time believing that he is real.  

This morning I was laying in bed, awake but not ready to get up, I could hear him walking towards my room so I closed my eyes and pretended like I was asleep.  When he got a couple feet away from me I yelled, "Boo!" and scared him.  His face… oh his face… now I understand why Karl and Samuel think it is so fun to scare me.  But here's the thing.  He was scared for a split second and then he carried on.  He had an outfit and some underwear in his hand and said, "It's time to get up.  See?  The sun is shining.  It's day time.  It's not night time. It's time to get.  Can you help me put my clothes on?"  But I wasn't done laughing.  I laughed and laughed… because that face.  So, again, he said, "Can you help me put my clothes on?"  

And that is so the way Maximus is.  When he wants something, he will get it.  When his mind is on something, it will not go away.  We try so hard to distract him and, short of something super delicious to eat, nothing works.  

I couldn't capture that face.  Boy, do I wish I capture that face.  The kind of thing that just thinking about it makes you chuckle.  But I did capture Maximus in the bathroom.  This kid.  This cartoon kid that seems to make even a simple trip to the bathroom an adventure… every single time.  

That tiny moment, that half a second.  His face… oh, his face…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails