Sunday, November 28, 2010

eva reflects

Ever since Eva won a trophy for her Reflections art contest entry when she was in kindergarten, the pressure has been on each year.  Okay, maybe she feels no pressure.  It is just me.  

This year, Eva wanted to do a sculpture again.  The theme was, "Together we can..." and Eva made a sculpture titled, "Together we can help each other."

I know it's a mom's job to be impressed by her kid's skills, but Eva's 3-D skills blow me away every time...

and while we are on the subject of art...
Tonight Eva and her cousin were crafting.  They were getting ideas from a craft book that Eva got from the library or something.  The book showed Eva how to make a sorter out of empty tissue boxes.   Well, crafty, creative, Eva went one step further and made empty tissue boxes out of perfectly full tissue boxes (and as I typed the first line of this paragraph, my nose felt a little drippy, reached over for a tissue on my night stand and...ugh!).  

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love Eva. I need her to come organize my junk, er I mean art cupboard. I let the kids have full reign and let's just say I'm lucky when (if) I can even shut the drawers without a million mismatched markers and dried up glue containers falling all over the place.

Emily said...

oh and I love her sweet sculpture. I'm amazed at her detail. . . what a darling girl.

Abbigail said...

Eva is my kind of girl. I love the sculpture! She is incredible. I wish we were closer to let her and Freya art it up together. I am impressed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails