Saturday, May 31, 2008

So so so so so sad

This is a picture of Samuel when he was one and he is crying because we took some gum away.

Right now I want to freak out just like this.
I have been having computer problems. It totally crashed to the point that my brother had to do some pretty time consuming and extensive surgery on it to recover all my stuff. He put all my pictures on an external hard drive for me. That was what I was the most worried about because those pictures are priceless to me.
So, last night I was trying to find some pictures from March and I couldn't find them. The folders were there but the pictures weren't. I have been using Picassa and what I think happened is that when I unknowingly deleted some pictures from Picassa it went and sucked them out of my external hard drive too. It scares me that I could do something so stupid. So after looking through what was left and what I have backed up on CDs... I no longer have any pictures from January and February of 2006 and then from November of 2006 all the way to March of THIS YEAR.
Gone.
I am so so so so so sad. I could only sleep one hour last night because I was so sick about it.
I am a picture freak and always have my camera.
I am glad I blogged a little of March.
If I sent you any photos of my family from the missing months, will you please share?

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Christina, I want to throw up for you! I'm so sorry. I'm going to backup all my pictures today because of your post. Thank you!

Jamie said...

Oh that is so sad! I am the WORST at backing up my hard drive and just assume that Brian takes care if it so I know this is going to happen to me one day. I hope you are able to recover those lost pictures!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that really sucks bad. I have those same worries. I am not as big of a camera addict as you are, but it is still sad. I feel really bad for you.

Alyse said...

Christina, what a bummer! I always worry about stuff like that!

Courtney said...

My condolances. I'll check my pictures and old emails for ones you have sent.

Cydnee said...

I'm adding my sympathies...Sorry, Pook! You know it's bad when YOU can't sleep ;(.

Adri said...

I'm so sorry! I don't think anyone would blame you for throwing a fit. I would have. I think I may start downloading all my pictures on CD's too.

Abbigail said...

I am sooo sorry! I am glad you were able to save most of them. Remember how I lost all my work on my external hard drive last summer? I was depressed for weeks. Mine wasn't photos of family, it was all the work from my grad school. I don't think I have any to send from those missing months. I think those are missing from me as well, since I was in the hospital.

Abbigail said...

I am thinking about getting another external hard drive to back up the new external hard drive I have. It is risky..... we used to have to worry about water getting on the photos, now it is the computer crashing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails