Monday, March 24, 2008

Stages

Look at the pure joy on Samuel's face.

I love this stage... where the kid thinks you can't see them because they can't see you. Sometimes Eva will hide like in my room and then yell, "Dad! We're in the living room!" and then she can't figure out how we know where she really is. My favorite thing is that this innocence comes with believing that my kiss makes their injuries feel better. Sometimes Samuel will just run up to me crying and say, "Can you kiss it?" and point to somewhere. I will kiss it, he will stop crying, and run off and play like nothing happened. I will be so sad when my kids grow out of this stage.

Here is some more evidence of the innocence of this stage in life (not jus that Samuel gets so much joy from this swing at this park on any given day)... Can you see how Samuel has, "Sam" written on his shirt in red pen? She also "labeled" his pants. When I told her she shouldn't write on clothes, she said, "How did you know I did it?"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails